Chocolate peanut butter oat cookies
WHAT YOU NEED
- 50g butter
- 1/2 cup Fix & Fogg Dark Chocolate peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup, maple syrup or honey (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp boiling water
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup flour (we used wholemeal wheat flour. Gluten-free flour will work, but gives you a crumblier cookie)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a large tray with baking paper. In a small pot melt butter, peanut butter, and rice malt syrup (if using). Take off the heat and add vanilla.
In a separate dish combine baking soda and boiling water, and add to the peanut mixture. In a medium bowl combine oats, coconut and flour. Stir in the peanut butter mixture and combine. When the mixture has cooled slightly, add the chocolate chips. Take golf ball size amounts and flatten on the tray.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the base of the biscuit looks golden. Leave on the baking tray for a couple of minutes to cool and set slightly, before transferring to a wire cooling rack. Devour with plum jam.