Peanut butter Fig & Orange cake
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 20 dates (or more, depending on desired sweetness) soaked in 1 cup hot water for 15 mins
- 1/2 cup Fix & Fogg Smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- Zest and juice of one orange
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cooked polenta (or any other cooked grain works, eg. millet, quinoa)
- 6 figs (four chopped, two sliced)
- Handful of almonds.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon.
Using an electric blender, blend together the chickpeas, dates and peanut butter.
Transfer to a bowl and add the eggs, milk, yoghurt, orange zest and juice, vanilla and vinegar. Whisk with a fork to combine. Add the polenta and figs and stir to combine. Sift the dry ingredients and add to the wet. Leave for a minute or so to allow the flours to absorb the moisture.
Mixture should be like regular cake mixture (dollop-able). If not, add a dash more milk. Transfer to a 20cm cake tin and top with sliced almonds, figs and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Bake at 180°C for about 25 mins.
Cover with tin foil when top is brown. When a skewer comes out clean, it is done.
Serve with fresh cream!